WHAT AQUACHAR DOES:
- NATURALLY BUFFERS PH: Slowly increases pH over the first few weeks, typically finding stability between weeks 2-4
- WORKS FOR SEVERAL MONTHS: Useful life is 3-6+ months depending on bioload & maintenance schedule. Rinse AquaChar monthly. Add new dose and leave the existing dose as biological media.
- REPLACES CERAMIC BIOMEDIA: Once the initial chemical filtration reaction is exhausted AquaChar can be used like “live rock that is easily cleaned” allowing it to replace ceramics and be used to jump start new aquariums.
- NEGATIVE IONIC CHARGE: The cause of most water clarity issues is Dissolved Organics – which are positively charged. AquaChar magnetically attracts fine particulates, creating crystal clear water within hours.
- CREATING A SMORGASBORD: The natural substructure of the fiber and vascular system of trees is preserved in AquaChar. Creating massive surface area for the colonization of bacteria.
- CREATING A WASTE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: The larger size and internal porosity creates a biological microsite for aerobic & anaerobic bacteria to break down organics efficiently. A more on demand consumption of organics stabilizes ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates.
- EXTENDS TIME BETWEEN GLASS CLEANING: Slow-released hydroxides combine with adsorption of free-floating algae reduces time it takes for algae to re-establish on interior surfaces.
AquaChar is a handcrafted, batch process made from recycled and sustainable natural resources. Each batch is carefully monitored to ensure premium quality and consistency.