HOW TO RUN AQUACHAR
MOST COMMON IMPLEMENTATION IS A SIMPLE MESH BAG
AQUACHAR MAY FLOAT BUT WILL SINK AS IT FILLS WITH ORGANICS AND BACTERIA
RINSE NEW AQUACHAR, RESIDUAL DUST IS HARMLESS
Most common implementation of AquaChar is to place it in a mesh bag, then place bag in the final stage of a hang-on-back, cannister, or sump filtration.
Works great in a reactor to control the flowrate!
AquaChar may initially float but sinks as it fills with organics and bacteria.
We recommend rinsing new AquaChar before use; however, residual dust is not harmful and will settle in your mechanical filtration.
Recommended dosing is 1 cup per 50-60 gallons of water.
Recommended dosing is one (1) cup (237mL) per 50-60 gallons ( approx. 200L) of water.
FOR SENSITIVE SYSTEMS: USE A SMALL DOSE TO BUILD UP THE BIOLOGICAL BY ADDING TO THE OLD!
It is important to monitor your parameters whenever making any adjustments to see how your system responds.
For systems with sensitive inhabitants, AquaChar recommends starting with a smaller dose and building up the biological media with more frequent addition until desired results are obtained.
HOW TO USE AQUACHAR
AQUACHAR IS THE MOST EFFICIENT AND EASIEST TO MAINTAIN FILTER MEDIA ON THE MARKET!
RINSE AQUACHAR DURING WATER CHANGE & ADD NEW TO THE OLD
Once a month, use water change water to shake AquaChar to remove some larger organics and free up unused porosity.
As needed, new AquaChar can be added to the old before placing in the filter.
• ADD HALF TO 50/50 H2O2/WATER MIX FOR 24 HOURS.
• DRAIN & AIR DRY
• READY TO USE AGAIN
WARNING: DO NOT REMOVE ALL YOUR BIOLOGICAL AQUACHAR AT ONCE.
- Rinse AquaChar and place half in small container.
- Add new to the old, replace in filter.
- Add 50/50 Hydrogen Peroxide/water mix and let sit for 24 hours.
- Drain and place AquaChar in thin layer to AIR DRY.
- Once AquaChar has dried, shake before using again.
WARNING: DO NOT REMOVE ALL YOUR BIOLOGICAL AQUACHAR AT ONCE. THIS CAN RESULTING IN A BACTERIA BLOOM OR THE LOSS OF NITROGEN CYCLE.
This regeneration method is to offer a way to extend the use of AquaChar but may not have the same effectiveness. We recommend mixing regenerated AquaChar with new for reuse in aquariums.
RECYCLE TO NATURE
REGENERATED AQUACHAR CAN BE USED IN GARDENING & HOUSE PLANTS!
Fully exhausted AquaChar can be used as a soil additive for gardening and house plants according to the methods below:
- When using AquaChar for FRESHWATER, you can it directly in your garden as is. This allows the organics and bacteria to interact directly with the environment and have a quicker impact.
- When using AquaChar for SALTWATER, start by rinsing it well, then perform the regenerations steps, followed by an optional white vinegar bath to add a biological carbon source.
FOR DETAILED INFORMATION USE DESKTOP VERSION FOR THIS PAGE
Thank you for your interest and support of AquaChar!
Feel free to CONTACT US with any additional questions!